Film Treatment Example
A film treatment example sets an example for writing your own film script, helping to teach the craft of film script writing. No amount of teaching may instill the creative art better than self-tutoring and practicing with a good example or two. Spending years in a school or university and being drilled to write may be helpful, but it is only the beginning of learning how to write a film treatment and screenplay. You may have burned the mid-night oil and crammed in the bookish knowledge, but all the ensuing credentials are not an end all. Nevertheless, experience and referring to examples is a quick-fix solution to mastering the trade of writing great treatments for films.
The film industry is ever-changing and always in a state of flux. The characters should be dynamic. Writers face many challenges in trying to stay attuned to these changes. By reading an exemplary film treatment example, they can come to know the general rules to adhere to when working on treatments. In fact, the more the number of examples referred to, the more dexterous writers will become at the technique. Writing treatments require a relatively fixed approach. Certain industry norms have been stipulated regarding the following:
• Font and font size
• Style, header, logline, page numbering
• Language to be used
• Elements to be included/excluded
• Personal and other relevant information to be given
• Making the final presentation
A well-written movie treatment example will reflect the correct procedure of each of the aspects mentioned above. A film treatment writer must ensure that the treatment is using as a self-learning tool is of the highest standard. Otherwise, it may imbibe faulty tenets that will be difficult to unlearn. To save the trouble, utilize only a film treatment example written by professionals. At the same time, once you have learned the basics, you can read analytically and understand why certain treatments fell flat. There is no dearth of model treatments to serve your purpose. A few helpful tips may assist in writing film treatments:
• Choose the genre you would like to tackle. The directional efforts are liable to fetch the required results without wastage of time. What good will it do to go through a documentary film treatment example if your interest lies in romantic comedies?
• The Internet is a vast storehouse of knowledge. With a computer, you have access to treatment examples of your choice. There are websites that offer examples for free or charge a nominal amount to set you on the right path, leading you forward in your chosen career.
• There are libraries that stock examples of film treatments. Membership to one of these is a must for aspiring writers. The big production houses and studios maintain libraries of their own that have a supply of treatment examples of films.
Working with a professional writer, film maker, agent, or a treatment reader can make a vast number of film treatments available. In addition, such professionals can provide feedback and pointers. Consider hiring a freelance film treatment writer to help you writer your treatment.