Hot Wheels Collecting Tips
Collecting Hot Wheels cars is an easy and fairly inexpensive hobby. Here are some collecting tips to get you on your way with this ever growing hobby of die-cast cars.
* Keep abreast of upcoming special collector days at your neighborhood K-Mart or Wal-Mart stores in your area.
* Search the online auctions or collector’s web sites for cars you may be missing from your current collection.
* Purchase trade books and magazines to stay on top of the value of each car.
* Begin with the latest releases if you are just starting out. Most newer Hot Wheels will not be too difficult to find and you can keep track of your collection with a Mattel Hot Wheels checklist.
* Find all the cars released in the latest years First Editions Series or Treasure Hunt Series limited editions. There are also 12 Final Run retiring models each year; these may be a little harder to find.
* Look for Planet Micro vehicles. There are six different series of these tiny car sets.
* If at all possible do not open the packages that your hot wheels come in. They hold their highest value if they are in their original package.
* When buying cars from eBay, make sure to check out the seller and their selling history. This will give you a great idea of the type seller you are dealing with.
* All ways be on the look out for neighborhood garage sales and estate sales you might visit.
* The biggest collecting tip is to just have fun and do not spend more than you can afford.