Tips To Choose Summer Bedding
Everyone loves to have an eyeful of sleep. But it needs favorable conditions. When mercury is scaling up, you have to negate the negative effects of the temperature with suitable bedding material in the bedroom. Especially in the summer months, people find it difficult to sleep for a long time due to perspiration and heat. Not only the mattress but also the bedding impacts the sleep pattern. So, choose the proper bedding and linen that absorbs your stress and also refresh the body for the next day. Here are a few points that should be taken into account while shopping for Bedding material.
First of all, identify the bedding which is helpful in the summer to keep you cool. Quilts, Blankets, Duvets, Bed Sheets, Comforters are used for the bedding.
1. A quilt is a combination of different layers stuffed with cotton or fiber. The layers are stitched in such a way the stuffed material will remain intact with the stitched pattern. Quilts help to retain the temperature and offer warmth to the user. But are not advised for summer bedding. Wool Cotton Quilts are light and breathable. So, choose Wool Cotton Quilts over normal Quilts for the summer.
2. A Blanket is a single layered bed covering, unlike quilts. It is relatively lighter than a quilt and also provides warmth to the user.
3. A Duvet is a Bedspread which is filled with feathers or wool. These are generally used with covers to reduce the maintenance. It is recommended for winter months.
4. Comforters are similar to Quilts in most aspects. The differences between the quilt and the comforter are the fabric, the Patterns, the stuffing material. Comforters are stuffed with polyester material. So they are light.
5. A Bed sheet is a simple spreadsheet over the bed. It is lighter than all other bedding material. It has nothing to do with the temperature control.
While choosing the bedding material, consider the following points.
The color of the bedding
It is apparent that Light colors reflect the heat, unlike the dark colors. So choose a Light colored bedding for the summer. Dark colored sheets trap the heat and cause inconvenience to you during the nighttime. White or Beige Colors are the best choice, though they require a bit of maintenance.
Natural or Artificial Quilt Covers
Cotton fibers are second to none in terms of comfort it offers in the summer. Natural materials like Linen or Cotton has many advantages than the synthetic fibers like polyester. Natural fibers are light in weight and they are breathable materials. So, they bring you comfort as well as peaceful sleep. Artificial Fibers are affordable and light in weight but are not suitable for summer.
The density of the fabric influences the design, embroidery, durability, and the pattern. If the thread count is more, then it gives a scope for the designer to weave a plush pattern on the bedding material. If the bedding is too dense and the thread count is higher, it affects the breathing ability of the fabric. So, it is recommended to use the bedding with a mid-range thread count.
Cotton Vs Linen
When it comes to natural fibers, many people got stuck at the crossroads of Linen and Cotton.
Linen is made from the stalk of the Flax plant. It is stronger than cotton fiber. It has a high moisture absorbing capacity and eco-friendly. It has a high breathing capacity, which allows the air to circulate. Structurally, it is stronger and will not deform. It is also hypoallergenic which makes it the best choice for baby bedding. Linen is also referred as nature’s wicker.
Cotton material is having a higher thread count than Linen. So it affects breathing. But it is soft to touch and resilient. You can also look for a Cotton Fabric which is blended with a Linen. It offers the advantages of both fabrics. The Bedroom Décor is incomplete without a proper bedding.