Type of MBA B-School Extempore Topics
You are given a topic to speak upon for 5 minutes
– You are evaluated by a panel of 3 or more selectors
– The panel will be evaluating your body
movements, composure, clarity of thoughts, and
most importantly fluency.
– The panel will also attempt to make you nervous
by playing psychological games with you. One of
them may keep a glaring look throughout the
extempore, or they will purposely look away from
you to make you feel you are not making an impact,
they may even yawn loudly and feign to be bored.
Your objective is to keep speaking fluently and
confidently, and not bow to the pressure tactics.
Laugh silently inside, for you know in advance that
they are only pretending to ignore you but are
actually closely scrutinising your behaviour.
Thus one’s preparation for the B-School extempore
– Increasing your knowledge base of the economy,
sports, politics, and general awareness of the latest
issues covering the headlines
– Practising individually in front of your parents or
elder siblings, and asking them to behave
disinterested throughout the preparation.
Generally the type of MBA B-school extempore
topics will be
– Abstract topics are the most favoured. They are
meant to disorient you and make you feel under
prepared. Get a list of Abstract topics that are asked
for the IIM GD process
– Economic topics are also asked, though not as
commonly as it is usually already part of the Group
Discussion process which happens first. Get a list of
Economic topics that are asked for the B – School